The first RUSGW was held in Spain in October, 2015 in Madrid with support of the Ambassador of the Russian Federation to Spain Yuri Korchagin, Russian Federal Agency for tourism (Rostourism) and Secretary-General of the World Tourism Organization (UNWTO) Taleb Rifai. Taking into account the positive experience of the First RUSGW in Madrid, the project “Russian gastronomy weeks” has been included into the official intergovernmental programme of the Russian-Spain Cross-Year of tourism.
In the period from the 13th till the 17th of November 2017 the Russian gastronomy week will take place in Cyprus in the cities of Nicosia and Limassol
The example of the events conducted within the framework of the Week:
- Gastronomic lunches and dinners of regional cuisine;
- Exposition of gastronomic routes, tourism and producers of food and beverage;
- Culinary master classes;
- Master classes on alcohol drinks;
- Investment seminar with participation of the business community representatives of the countries participating in the Week;
- Business dinners for business community representatives of the countries participating in the Week.